Monday, May 4, 2009

Worst Date


I have finally experienced the second worse date of our 38 years, (second only to the dart fiasco, but that is a whole other story). We don't often have the opportunity to just relax to a sit down waitress served meal. Just the two of us with "no cell phones".
But after Bert made his last "cell phone" call as I was being seated by myself we were set for for a quiet relaxed dinner at a Greek Restaurant. There were TVs all around for your enjoyment and this particular night was game 5 of the Celtics-Bulls basketball game which I would stare at from time to time just to see who was winning. Not Bert (he could not see the game through his glasses) but he was also taping the game at home. He did ask me how much time was left in the game which was 52 seconds. At which point he said, "I'm going to wait for you in the car while you finish your meal, can you take care of the bill?" I followed with "why" and "how come". His response - "I might see who won or someone might yell out the score".

Your kidding....... was my next thought. I still had food to eat and I thought I would try some baklava (I've never had that before). The waitress came back and asked if Bert was through eating so she could take his plate and jokingly asked did he leave you with the bill? So here I sit in this nice restaurant eating the rest of my meal by myself, paying the bill, getting my baklava to go so that my husband won't hear any of the basketball game that he was going home to watch, in his favorite chair, which he would fall asleep in after 5 minutes. Really!!!!!!!!!! I forgive you Bert!

2 comments:

moose2534 said...

man, pops has got some game! In his deffense though I think I would have left after hearing someone was going to order bak lava. Isnt that what volcanos spue. - moose

Kelley said...

Men....can't live with them....and we can't live without them.