Thursday, May 7, 2009

Two Wonderful Mothers

I haven't known them all their life, but I imagine their childhood was like most little girls since I know what kind of home life they both came from. Time spent playing dress up with mom's clothes and makeup, tea parties, and playing make believe with their doll and doll houses. Dreaming of one day when they will become mothers. Along the way life preparing them for their future. They came into my life as teenagers, young women. Volleyball became a popular sport in our home along with weekly youth Bible study. I often wondered as a mother, who are these girls that have captured the interest, time and brains of my boys.
Two beautiful blonde's!!!!! Totally different in personalities, but then so are my boys. One girl has a calming, gentle quietness about her. The other knows how to light up a room. They were beautiful brides.
They have given me the privilege of seeing their babies being born. I saw them cry out as they fought to bring new life to our family. I've seen them make unselfish sacrifices for their families. I've seen them work tirelessly to make a home for my boys. I've seen them be baptized and how they seek and serve God. I've seen their patience when dealing with the children and stressful situations. They discipline and teach with love.

Over the years I have gotten to know who these girls really are.
They are the ones who come when they are needed. They are the ones who hug when I cry. They are the ones who bring chocolate brownie ice cream when I go through tough times. They are the ones who complete my sons. They are the ones who pray for me. They are the ones who hold my grandchildren in quiet times. They are my daughters.....................

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

2 comments:

Kelley said...

You are sweet. Thank you for that....let me wipe my tears. Are mom's did a good job teaching us how to be mom's and you did a wonderful job raising the men we love to love us and father are beautiful children. I look forward to the day when I can look in a room and see my kids, there spouses, and there children. You must be proud to know it is all because You and Bert fell in love :) Happy Mothers Day.

Kristy said...

Thanks Mama. You are so special to us too and I thank you for raising your kids to be the way they are. Moose is the way he is because of you and Bert, and he is my perfect match. I couldn't thank you more!! I just hope my boys will be raised Godly like you taught yours. Love you always!!