Monday, April 2, 2018

New Beginnings


Yesterday, Easter, there were so many family photos posted on Facebook.  I enjoyed them so much.  Most are friends and family that I knew as teenagers and now are parents.  I wish I could have a do over.. but maybe I can pass on a little wisdom from my chair.

As I sat in my chair having my Bible, prayer time I realized that this was going to be one of only a few days I have left in my little house in the forest.  From my chair I can see the Ponderosa pines swaying in the breeze that sounds like the ocean waves.  I see Flagstaff Mountain in the distance still topped with snow.  I see the worn path of my little deers that I have watched since they had spots. These past three years have been the best years of my life.  Bert and I have had more quality time, more laughter, joy and peace.  But what I have gained most is time spent with God and His word.

Oh, I wish I had sought God more in my 20's, 30's and 40's.  Yes I was busy raising children and all there activities that I put time with God in last place, if at all.  I wouldn't have remembered if the dishes or cleaning got done for that day, but I would have grown in my walk with God.  I would have been reminded that little eyes are learning by example.

My walk of faith during those years would have been so different, so easier if I had only made time in the morning before the day began to open God's word and say, "Lord what do you have for me today?".  If I had just made time to get on my knees before God and said, "Lord, thank you that nothing is going to happen today that you don't already know about and have the answer for".

At the end of this week Bert and I are beginning a new chapter in our lives.  Our decision to move to Prescott Valley was based on wanting to be closer to family and some health issues.  But the main reason was that Bert and I felt God has more for us ordinary old people to do in His ministry together.  It's going to be exciting to see what God has for us next.

I'm keeping you in my prayers as I see your life changes on Facebook.
Love you all........




No comments: