Saturday, March 14, 2009

Back in December, 2008


Something wonderful happened to me. I was driving and enjoying a His Song CD, feeling overstimulated, depressed and defeated. The weight of things going on in my life and the death of my Mom after a year of cancer had left me empty. I began to cry out loud to God. It worked for David, surely I should give it a try. This peace came over me. I have only felt this two other times, once when my father passed away suddenly and the other when I was told I has cancer. It was a wonderful refreshing, cleansing feeling of rain.
There was no worry, God is in control. I knew God was going to turn a bad situation for His good. I knew that the problems with my Grandson was going to be used for His glory. God reminded me to stop speaking negatively about the situations. My whole thought life changed.
I started being so spiritually hungry for God's word. Don't misunderstand I've been a Christian for a long, long time but what a spiritual awakening that I do not want to ever end!!!!!!!
I began looking at people with a love I didn't know I had in me. A hunger to share with them God's love. Things that used to be important to me were not. I started dealing with areas of my life that are not pleasing to God.
I am trusting in God's word for the daily renewing of my mind and spending time in praise and worship. God wakes me up at 5:30 everyday and I can't wait to start feeding on God's word. I'm amazed at how much I get done now in a day and I even still get a nap. But I am not tired all the time like I used to be. I like this new creature. Thank you Lord for the outpouring of your love!
In closing I kept reading my kids blog and couldn't decide if I was brave enough to share, but if this is a blessing to one person I give God the praise.
I will continue to share with you glimpes of my blessed life so that Christ may be glorified. Much Love

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Welcome to the online world of blogging. It's kinda addicting huh. kristy said you called looking for names, you should call yours shortys or mamowandpapas or shortys-shorts. anyways love you much - moose

Kelley said...

Love the Blog.....Love even more what God is doing in our lives. Keep writting, I love to read about your life. Love, Kelley